Professional Engineer and developer who focused on the Microsoft stack of technologies with significant experience with Dynamics 365 Finance, Supply Chain Management, Azure Cloud, and Azure DevOps.
For more than ten years, I have installed, configured, developed, and managed business-critical systems for plenty of companies across the APAC region. During that time, I have worked across many industries, including manufacturing, distribution, finance, and professional services.
1. Dynamics 365 Finance, Supply Chain Management experience
- Familiar with extensibility in Dynamics 365 for finance and operations (Class extensions, method wrapping/replacing and Chain of Command).
- Strong X++ coding skills.
- Workflow, batch job development.
- Office add-ins development for form.
- Familiar with SSRS reports, data entity, Aggregate measurement.
- VSTS Azure DevOps configuration for DEV and UAT environment.
- Continuous build and deployment configuration for BUILD and UAT environment.
- Automation load test practice using Regression tool and Perf SDK.
- Expert in debugging in DEV/UAT and using trace parser.
- Project, model, package management.
1.2. Provisioning and environment operation:
- Ability to deploy On-premises version (have successfully deployed two on-premises environments).
- Setup and provision Cloud-hosted environment include DEV and BUILD/TEST environment; implementation environment includes DEV, UAT sandbox, Production; VHD local development environment.
- LCS configuration with Azure subscription, mapping BPM with Azure DevOps.
- Environment maintenance and SQL performance monitoring within LCS.
- Apply packages, hotfixes, upgrading.
- Refresh data From PROD to UAT/DEV, moving data across the environments.
1.3. Data management and integration:
- Building and using Aggregate Measurements, data entity, and Composite data entity development.
- Using data management framework to import and export data.
- Ability to use Bring your own database feature.
- Implement data integration in many scenarios using OData, Batch data API, Recurring integrations, Data package API, consume external web services, excel integration.
- Data integration by using Common Data Service (PowerApps).
- Ability to use Postman for integration testing.
1.4. BI and Reporting:
- Building and extending Aggregate measurement for PowerBI report.
- Configure Power BI integration for workspaces.
- Familiar with Financial report, generate or reset data mart.
- Power BI integration with Entity store
- Configure BYOD to connect with another reporting system.
- Reading Trace parser for X++ logic error or data inconsistency.
- Using LCS to find expensive SQL queries for application hanging or slow
- Ability to use Fiddler to troubleshoot authentication error client interaction.
- Ability to use ProcDump, ListDLLs, Process Monitor tools.
- PowerShell scripts debugging for deployment errors.
2. Coding philosophy
- Minimizing the footprint of changes (I know how painful is when merging code from different partners or upgrade or installing hot-fix).
- Where to make the change (always at the highest level and in this order: class, table, form data source field/method, form control).
- Using field groups (The reason this reduces footprint).
- Upgrades and system maintainability.
- Design for a service-oriented architecture.
- Design for code reuse.
- Apply Dynamics 365 design patterns and coding best practices.
3. The modules which I’ve been working with
- Financial Dimension
- Chart of accounts
- Financial statements – Balance sheet, Income statement
- Currency and exchange
- Journal and Journal posting framework
Trade and Logistics
- Item creation
- Sales process
- Purchase process
- Transfer order
- Supply chain management
- Routes and operations
- Purchase process
- Transfer order
- Installation and configuration Retails POS
- The Async Service
- Real-time Service
- Certificate Management
- Picking and packing
- Mobile devices
Here are my badges.